Monday, 12 August 2013

I Am a Mountain.

"[I]f you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you." - Matthew 17:20   


I have been thinking over this verse for the past few weeks. What I have come to realize is that in the past, I have prayed for the faith to move the external mountains in my situations (money, broken  car, lack of sleep, ministry). God has recently been showing me that the far bigger mountain to move is, well- me. As I turn my focus inward to my faith, my joys, my desires, my folly, my tendencies to screw up and ask God to help me move those mountains first, the external "mountains" now become tiny hills or just a bumpy road. The biggest wall to break through is my own spiritual barricades. Once I surrender those to God and we work them out, everything else seems easy traveling. 

A recent mountain I have been moving :

  • Learning how to lead a household/family
I recently started a "mission house" for Oceans of Mercy. I will be taking in young women and mentoring them, teaching them life skills, helping them find jobs and get them back on their feet. Two young ladies 19 & 21, just moved in. They come from traumatic pasts and have lots of baggage and pain to sort through. They have joined this family to heal an move on toward their new future in Christ. This house will also double as a place for mission teams to come and stay during their trips. 
I came into this new season knowing that it would be difficult. But I think I may have underestimated it just a tad. I am so excited for everything that God has in store but prayers are more than welcomes. My faith is growing wonders even in the first week as I wake up early to seek God for the strength and wisdom to lead us towards Him and to His will. As I am called to be a mother to many I love all that God is teaching me and molding me into. He always does funny things in my life and I love how my first "children" are my own age! God is good and I love where He has me.    More to come soon

No comments:

Post a Comment