Wednesday, 18 September 2013

The Lord Is My Inheritance

“The priests, the Levites—all the tribe of Levi—shall have no part nor inheritance with Israel; they shall eat the offerings of the Lord made by fire, and His portion.  Therefore they shall have no inheritance among their brethren; the Lord is their inheritance, as He said to them." -Deuteronomy 18:1-2

God has been encouraging me with the reminder that through any and all circumstances He is my inheritance. The people God created for full-time service to Him (the Levites- one of the tribes of Israel), God has chosen to give the least physically to. I think this is a brilliant way for God to keep His servants close and dependent upon Him. It causes them to lack physically but be rich spiritually. In our sunday services we have been going through the book of Philippians in a series called "Perspective"(http://westsidefamily.co.za/listen/index.html).   Last Sunday we studied ch.4 and how the state of being content is actually something learned. I am not saying that I am going through incredibly harsh times- I am busy and do have daily challenges but I am always trying to keep my focus more on Christ and less on what is going on around me. And again God brought me to read through Lamentations 3. Wow- Must read this chapter! Jeremiah does the strangest thing. He lists and mourns over all the terrible things God has punished Israel with and then in the midst of it He praises God for His faithful love. Being content is a choice we make. Through all the ups and downs of this last week God has been helping to choose joy in Him. Regardless of what's going on around me, "I say to myself, “The Lord is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in him!”" - Lamentations 3:24

(sorry my thoughts are all over but just an update on what God is doing in me love you all!)                                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment