In about 12 hours I will be on a plane back to the States to visit friends and family. Preparing for the journey back causes a wave of reminiscing. I look back on this year and all my brain can come up with to sum up the bulk of everything is; crazy life, crazy people, crazy God.
This year has been filled with incredible struggle and heart ache. But just the same, insane joy, reward, adventure, confusion, and worship. My crazy God has brought me to meet so many amazing people this year. Through that, I was able to experience so much- playing in music festivals and gigs, helping start a church, having the chance to impact thousands of young people through school assemblies and such, mentoring and building relationships with incredible youth who I love with all my heart, starting a transitional housing program with Oceans of Mercy, and making lots of new friends who are a part of my new community here.
Life really is a crazy thing to live. I have learned so much this year and am so thankful to God for leading me(sometimes dragging me) through it. I cannot wait to see my family and friends so soon! That I will admit, has been my deepest struggle here is the distance between my family. It will be so good to hang out with them in person and cram everything we possibly can into the next month! I will also, miss my life here. I will miss playing ad singing sunday mornings with the musical worship team for services. I will miss experiencing the progress and growth of our church and its people. I will miss seeing the life change in those our ministry touches. I will miss the girls in the transitional house who I have been living with for over the past four months and have come to love so much. I will miss my friends and family here and the beauty of this country. Thankfully, I will be returning to continue ministry here next year.
To be called, is to live a crazy life with crazy people, while serving a crazy God. My prayer is to never get caught up in the "what if's" (i.e. what if this happens…)of fear, and live constantly in the "what is…" (God is my rock, my strength, my joy,etc…)of God's love. Merry Christmas everyone! Thank you for all your prayers and support through this eventful year. Blessings
Thanks you for sharing so deeply, so descriptively about your life, your God, your faith, your struggle, your joy. It's tremendous! I will pray for your safe trip home. Love you.
ReplyDeleteA. Wilma