Thursday, 29 August 2013

Just An Update

Haven't had much time with internet this week. I don't have any long entry for y'all just a quick update.

Honestly things have been rough at home. I have been dealing with "stuff" with the girls and now understand how single parents feel. God is really teaching me a lot about what playing the parent role is. My good friend Sue (also their counselor) has been giving me advice on what appropriate disciplinary actions are and how to reinforce my "authority". Things get complicated with discipline because they are adults so I have been approaching everything very carefully. Although God has given me a heart for mothering, it doesn't make the job any easier. A lot of you moms who are reading this are probably going "tell me about it!" But remember,- this is all very new to me! God has been really testing me, growing me, and challenging me through these past two weeks. Although I don't struggle with material possessiveness, God has been breaking down every ounce of care for anything I could even see as "mine". "My" clothes, shoes, food, money, guitar, all of that, I had been previously labeling as "my things" in my head. With recent situations and such God is really pounding out me even calling them "mine". Everything is God's. We may or may not acknowledge that. 

This morning I took the older of the two ladies, to a skills training center. What an incredible facility/program they have! As soon as we sort through some paper work she will be enrolled there as a student. Upon completion of her training (12-16 months), she can either try and get a job or further her education in university. She is so very excited and I am as well! I am so proud of the progress she has made in the past two weeks. I can't wait to see what brilliant things God will do with her future. 

Please continue to pray for me as God is bringing me into a season where things get "messy". Things have been difficult and I know that this is only the beginning. This is probably all jumbled and may not make sense but I just wanted to through a quick update on things for all those supporting and keeping up with adventures here. Be blessed! I know I am. 

1 comment:

  1. What a blessing you are to theses young women Madi! Wise beyond your years. Keep up the great work you are doing! Your Love, Kindness, Compassion,Ability, and oh yeah God, will see you through the tough times :) I continue to pray for you & the young women you are serving.

    ReplyDelete